- Written by Claire MacDonald
- Directed by Pete Brooks
- Video Design by Simon Wainwright
- Lighting Design by Andrew Crofts
- Set Design by Laura Hopkins
- Dramaturgy by Andrew Quick
- Storm from Paradise was commissioned by Marche Teatro
In November 2017 ITD staged Claire MacDonald’s Storm from Paradise in an Italian translation for the Teatro delle Muse in Ancona. The play deals with themes of loss and transience, and is both cerebral and passionate.
The audience are placed on a revolve inside a Laura Hopkins designed space, which referenced the abandoned living room of a once grand building. Simon Wainwright designed the video material which played out against the four walls simultaneously creating an immersive environment in which everything was in constant flux. The soundscape used seminal songs from the C20th set within an ambient background suggestive of an old house decaying on the edge of both desert and swamp.
The show played 30 times in Ancona, Italy in November 2017.